*UPDATE: we have already met our matching goal for the first group of residents at the Eagle Rock Village! We are currently working on expanding the initiative to the nearby Highland Park Village, so we’ll have updates on that soon. Click the ‘notify me’ button to find out when more sponsorship spots open up, or follow us on Instagram. Thanks to everyone who sponsored a plant!
Plant people know the ways in which having and caring for a plant can transform our spaces and our mental health. Now help us share the power of plants with our neighbors at the soon-to-open Eagle Rock Tiny Homes Village!
We are so excited to announce a new initiative, in cooperation with Union Station Homeless Services and the City of Los Angeles Council District 14, to provide a plant for every resident of the Eagle Rock Tiny Homes Village in Eagle Rock. This village, part of a city-wide bridge housing initiative for people experiencing homelessness, will provide shelter, along with other essential services and resources, to up to 93 people at a time and includes:
- 48 Standard units: each with two fold down beds that can accommodate up to two occupants
- 3 ADA units: one bed to allow for wheelchair turnaround
- Two Administration Trailers: room for staff and on-site meetings with caseworkers, housing navigators, & other service provider personnel
- Two Hygiene Trailers: 10 individual showers & 10 individual restrooms
- One Food Storage Trailer: for the three meals a day plus snacks for residents
- One Security Trailer: one at the entry gate.
- One Laundry Trailer: 6 washers & 6 dryers
- Benches & shaded dining areas throughout
In addition, Union Station Homeless Services will provide three meals a day and will work with the community to ensure that residents have access to snacks.
People experiencing homelessness who were already living in Eagle Rock were given priority for housing at this site thanks to the local volunteer outreach groups and LAHSA, who worked with the city council's office for district 14.
We are currently raising funds to provide plants for the incoming group of 47 residents. Every plant sponsorship will cover a 4" plant with a decorative terra cotta pot and all sponsorships will be matched by Folia. Our goal is to make this an on-going project that will provide plants to future residents as well, and possibly even expand to other Tiny Home Villages in LA, so future sponsorship opportunities will open up. Thank you for partnering with us to share the joy that plants can bring with our neighbors!